HIO STEM OPT Request Form
Students must submit the above electronic form to the HIO to request an I-20 with a STEM OPT recommendation. The form will require that students upload the following documents:
- Form I-983. (Use the HIO's instructions to complete the I-983)
- Copy of your current OPT EAD card
- A copy of your I-94 record.
- Payment of $300 to Harvard University. You may make this payment online with a credit card.
If you are applying for STEM OPT based on a prior degree, you must note this in the HIO STEM OPT Request Form, and submit the following additional documents:
- An official transcript from the prior degree
- A copy of the I-20 that identifies the prior degree. You can find the major and CIP code in the “Program of Study” section of I-20s issued after July 2015. For forms issued before July 2015, the major will be listed under item 5. There will be no CIP Code. If don't have the I-20, you can provide documentation from your previous school that confirms the degree that was conferred as well as the Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code that was assigned to you. USCIS may, or may not, accept such documentation.
Your request will be reviewed and, if complete, a new I-20 with the STEM OPT recommendation will be emailed to you in 5-7 business days.