F-1 STEM OPT Reporting Form
This STEM OPT Reporting Form should be used for students currently on an active period of STEM OPT completing their mandatory reporting requirements by designated deadlines.
Students currently on STEM OPT are required to use this STEM OPT Reporting Form to complete the following reporting requirements:
- 6-month report;
- 12-month (“Self or Mid”) evaluation;
- 18-month report;
- 24-month Final Evaluation;
- Changes in STEM OPT employment (within 10 days of the changes being made);
- Concurrent/additional STEM Employment (within 10 days of the changes being made);
- Completion of Cap-Gap after STEM OPT extension;
- Material changes to STEM OPT job duties (I.e. supervisor changes, new job duties, change in location);
- Changes in U.S. residential address;
- Ending your STEM OPT employment with an employer before your 24-month STEM OPT period ends (within 10 days of the end of employment).
- Ending your F-1 STEM OPT status by changing visa status and/or departing the U.S. permanently.
After you submit your report, you will receive an automatic email from the system and then another email from the HIO once the reporting has been completed in the U.S. government’s SEVIS system.
For more information about STEM OPT mandatory reporting requirements, please review the STEM OPT Reporting Resource and Worksheet.