Report Change of Address

Immigration regulations require that all non-U.S. citizens report their residential addresses within 10 days of their entry to the United States and subsequently report any changes of addresses within 10 days to the immigration authorities. This requirement applies to all non-U.S. citizens who intend to stay in the United States for more than 30 days.

Please note that the HIO is not able, at this time, to report or collect address changes to and from other University offices automatically. Therefore, international students and scholars must report their address changes directly to the HIO, and other appropriate University offices (e.g. term bill office, registrar, etc.).

Please select your visa status below for further information:

  1. For F or J visa holders sponsored by Harvard, use the Change of Address form. Students on STEM OPT, you may use this form. If you are an F-1 Student on Post-Completion OPT, please use the Post-Completion OPT Reporting form for any address or employment changes. 
  2. If you do not have a Harvard ID and are unable to log in to the Change of Address form in step 1, please submit your updated address and phone number via email at Please write “Change of Address” in the subject line of your email.
  3. For F or J visa holders sponsored by other organizations or schools, such as those with Fulbright sponsorship or those working at Harvard on Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Academic Training from another school, you must report your change of address to your visa sponsor directly. Please contact your sponsoring institution or agency for details on how best to submit this information to them. Please also send a copy of your address update to the HIO via email at, with the subject line “Change of Address”.
  4. All other immigration categories, including H-1B, TN, O-1, E-3 and U.S. Permanent Residence must submit Form AR-11 to USCIS. Follow the instructions on the form for submission. Once complete, scholars should also send a copy of your completed Form AR-11 to the HIO via email at so we may update your record in our system.