On-Campus Dining

The University offers many eating facilities on campus. The Dining Services (HUDS) manages the dining halls in the undergraduate students' houses (dormitories) and also manages two dining halls for graduate students – one in in Lehman Hall (in the Harvard Yard) called the GSAS Commons, and the other in the Gronkhite Graduate Center at 84 Brattle Street called Cronkhite Dining Room. In addition, HUDS operates other small eateries throughout the campus, a full list of which can be found here. During University vacations, many operations have modified hours or are closed, so it is helpful to check them individually.

Other meal alternatives on campus include:

  • Hillel House Hillel House serves kosher meals.
  • The Faculty Club Please check their website to determine if you are eligible. Although there is no fee you must complete a membership form at the Reception Desk in the Faculty Club lobby with your Harvard Officer's card.
  • The Cambridge Queen's Head The Cambridge Queens Head is a pub run by students for the Harvard community.

Generally speaking, graduate students may only dine in undergraduate dining halls as a guest of a resident student or member of the House community. Meals may be purchased with cash, and prior permission from the House Administrator or Faculty Dean is encouraged.