*For more information, please visit the Campus Services website
Welcome to Harvard: Registration and Travel Signatures
July 31, 2022
Welcome to Harvard to any incoming international students, scholars, student interns, and their families!
As a reminder, once you arrive in the U.S. you must register your arrival with the HIO. The HIO is processing all registrations via email. Please do not come to the HIO offices for registration at this time. You may find instructions based on your visa category below:
- Registration instructions for students
- Registration instructions for scholars
- Registration instructions for student interns
After registration is complete, individuals on F-1 and J-1 visas, and their dependents, sponsored by Harvard will need to obtain a travel signature on their F-1 Form I-20 or J-1 DS-2019 Form in order to travel internationally during their program.
- F-1 students may request a travel signature to be sent via email by completing the F-1 Travel Signature Request Form. If you have dependents, you do not need to submit a separate request for F-2 signatures; all forms I-20 will be issued and sent to you automatically.
- J-1 students, scholars, and student interns and their dependents will need to visit the HIO during our walk in travel signature and document pick up hour, which takes place Monday-Friday from 12pm - 1pm on the 8th floor of the Smith Center to obtain a travel signature. DS-2019s cannot be sent electronically and must contain an original signature from the HIO.