FAS Visa Document Extensions and Updates

Harvard College

To request an extended I-20 due to a new graduation date, you must use the document Harvard College Request for an Extension of Form I-20. Please follow the three step process described on the form. The fully completed form should be sent to Jessica Heffernan only when all three steps are completed.

Graduate School of Arts & Sciences

To request a new visa document, you must use the GSAS Student Visa Document Extension/Update Request Form. Please complete the student section of the form and then send it electronically to your department administrator, DGS, or other appropriate official to complete the department section of the form. The fully completed form must be sent to HIO advisor electronically from the department official who has completed the department section of the form.

Please note that you must attach supplemental proof of required funding to the form if your departmental funding is insufficient to meet your total expenses..