Access Sprintax Tax Preparation Software
Sprintax is a web-based tax return preparation software that provides tax solutions that includes all fifty U.S. states. Federal filings are covered by the Harvard license. State filings can be done for an additional fee, listed below.
Discount access for the software is available for all active international students and scholars under Harvard's visa sponsorship by selecting the link above and logging in through the Harvard Key system. By logging in through your Harvard Key, the discount will automatically be applied to your account.
If you were under Harvard's visa sponsorship in 2020 and have since changed visa status, graduated, or departed the U.S. and no longer have access to your Harvard Key, you must email the HIO (email@example.com) to request a unique discount code to be sent to you.
For questions about how to access Sprintax please refer to our Tax FAQ page.
Sprintax Fee Structure
|Sprintax Service||Fee||Covered by HIO Discount?|
|Federal Tax Preparation (Form 1040NR)||$35.95||Yes|
|State Tax Preparation (per state)||$29.95||Not covered by HIO|
|ITIN Application (Form W-7)||$15.95||Use HIO Instructions instead; do not apply using Sprintax|
|FICA Refund (Form 843)||$15.95||Not Covered by HIO|
|Post Filing Service (handling all additional communication with the tax offices on behalf of the taxpayer)||$14.95||Not Covered by HIO|
Please do not share the discount code with others since the HIO has paid for a limited number of users to be authorized to use the software. Sharing of this discount code will jeopardize our ability to offer this service to you as we must remain in compliance with the license agreement we have signed. By using this tax assistance program, you acknowledge that Harvard University is not liable for any errors and incidental or consequential damages in connection with furnishing, performance or use of these on-line systems, on-line HELP and/or examples contained therein.
Free Sprintax Nonresident Tax Webinars
This season, Sprintax will be hosting a series of free open tax webinars to provide helpful information around nonresident tax filing obligations. You can find the details and registration links below. Each webinar will cover the same topics listed below
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021 - 12pm EST – Register here
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021 - 1pm EST – Register here
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021 - 12pm EST – Register here
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021 -11am EST – Register here
- Thursday, March 4, 2021 - 2pm EST – Register here
- Monday, March 15, 2021 - 11am EST – Register here
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 1.30pm EST – Register here
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021 - 2pm EST – Register here
- Monday, April 12, 2021 - 12pm EST – Register here
The informational webinars will cover:
- An overview of tax for nonresident students and scholars
- Who must file a 2020 US tax return
- What income forms students/scholars may receive
- Forms that need to be completed and sent to the IRS
- Terms like FICA, ITIN and Form 1098-T
- What happens if students don’t file, or misfile
- State tax returns
- IRS stimulus payments
- Sprintax overview